Time to read: 10 min
The article covers the following topics:
- How to start working with the Referral program?
- Where can I set referral payment percent (%)?
- How to Generate Referral Billing?
- Where can I check referral statistics?
A referral program is a deliberate way of letting your Affiliates engage referrals into your business.
How to start working with the Referral program?
- Referral program can be enabled or disabled in the Admin panel - > Settings - > Affiliate dashboard design - > General - > Allow Referral links:
Once referral program is enabled, Affiliate’s referral link can be found in Affiliate’s cabinet - > Profile - > Referral program (on the bottom of the page):
- Copy this part of the link by right-clicking on it -> Copy link address:
- And let your affiliate give it to other partners/colleagues/friends who would like to be an affiliate too. They need just fire it.
- Once a referral is registered on your affiliate's panel using referral link http://affiliates.affise.com/signup/?ref=4906, Affiliate 4906 will have referral affiliate 4907 listed as a referral in their affiliate's cabinet:
- Where: ID - ordinal ID of Referral in your admin panel, Date of registration - date and time of referral’s registration.
- In the Admin panel Referral will be depicted in the general list of Affiliates (Admin Panel - > Affiliates - > Affiliate Management):
In the Admin panel in the 'Referral partner' field, the main affiliate is depicted (the affiliate who has shared the referral link). In the Affiliate panel, in the 'Referrals' section, the referral affiliates are depicted.
Where can I set referral payment percent (%)?
Referral payment percent (%) can be set globally for all the Affiliates:
Settings - > Affiliate Dashboard Design - > General - > Referral payments (%):
Or individually for a specific Affiliate:
Affiliates - > Affiliate Management - > Edit - > Referral percent:
The percent on Affiliate edit page works for referral affiliates of this particular affiliate (not for him as a referral partner).
Referral payments from conversions with Approved status only are counted.
How to Generate Referral Billing?
Since a referral belongs to a general Affiliate list, billing for a referral should be generated in the Admin panel - > Billing - > Affiliates.
Once billing of a referral receives a 'Completed' status, referral payments become 'active', and they can be paid to the main Affiliate.
Referral payments will be added in the billing of the main Affiliate once the billing for the main Affiliate is generated.
Affise allows generating the billing by using one of two forms.
If you want to generate the billing for referral affiliate, then the first form only should be used. See our guide on Billing for Affiliates to get more information about the billing creation.
Where can I check referral statistics?
As for referral statistics, it can be checked in Admin Panel - > Statistics - > Referrals:
In referral's statistics in the Admin panel, you'll be able to see the following information:
Referral - affiliate who has joined your affiliate’s program using the Affiliate’s referral link.
Affiliate - an affiliate who has shared his referral link.
Active - referral payments can be active (yes) and non-active (no):
- Yes - Active referral payments mean that billing for referral has been closed, and referral payments become ‘active’, i.e., they can be paid to Affiliate who has shared their referral link. Once billing is closed for a referral, referral payments will appear in the Affiliate's billing automatically, and once billing is generated.
- No - non-active referral payments mean that billing for referral has not been closed, and referral payments are temporary ‘blocked’. To make them ‘active’, generate billing for a referral, and 'close' it.
Status - payments of the main affiliate can be of three statuses:
- Payout - means there is no created billing for the main affiliate yet. Referral payments are waiting for the billing creation to be put there.
- Pending - means there is created billing for the main affiliate yet, and referral payments are included there. This billing has any status except ‘Completed’.
- Paid - means there is created billing for the main affiliate already, and referral payments are included there. This billing has ‘Completed’ status
In order to know more about billing statuses check this guide.
Count - a number of conversions.
Referral payment - a sum that will be paid to the Affiliate according to referral payments percent assigned in the Settings (on a platform or affiliate's level).
Currency - the currency of referral payments.
Total - the amount of referral payments for affiliates (total referral payments)
Referral statistics on Affiliate's panel
The main affiliate has an opportunity to check statistics on his referral partners on his panel:
- ID: the ID of the referral partner
- Revenue: the amount of referral payments that is ready to be chardged. It means the billing for the referral partner is closed, but there is no billing for the main affiliate at all.
- Paid: the amount of referral payments already included to the main affiliate's billing. It means both billinfs for the referral partner and the main affiliate are closed already.
- Pending: the amount of referral payments is included to the billing of the main affiliate, but the billing is not closed yet.
- Currency: the currency of referral paymetns.
- Date of registration: the date of regisrtation of this referral partner.
Statistics on referral will be depicted in the Affiliate's panel only when billing for the referral partner is generated.
1) If the referral partner has conversions in EUR, but the main affiliate doesn’t have a payment system for this currency, what will happen when generation of the billing for the main affiliate?
If the main affiliate doesn’t have paid conversions - the billing for him won’t be generated - the relevant error will be shown. If the main affiliate has conversions in EUR, but doesn’t have payment system - the billing form him won’t be generated - the relevant error will be shown.
Check this article to read more about errors when billing generation.
2) If the referral partner has conversions in EUR, but the main affiliate doesn’t have conversions in EUR, but has a payment system for EUR, what will happen when generation of the billing for the main affiliate?
The billing will include referral payments only. EUR will be shown as a currency in this example.
3) When the billings for the referral partner is closed, are referral payment included to Balance of the main affiliate?
No, referral payments are not included to all three columns here:
4) Does the main affiliate see that referral payments were included to his billing?
Yes, he sees it if he gets to details of the particular billing on his Affiliate panel:
You may also find the following articles helpful:
- Billings for Affiliates
- Affiliates statuses and their peculiarities
- My Affiliate does not see Offers
If you have more questions on How to work with the referral program, feel free to contact the Affise Support Team via email@example.com or your Dedicated Account Manager.
Updated by Lizaveta Talkachova