After getting access to your platform, Affise provides you with a set of default domain names. In order to find them kindly visit Settings > Tracking Domains on your Affise admin panel.
How to add/change custom domains
You have an option to add/change custom domains for Admin URL, Affiliate network URL and Tracking URL:
If you decide to change/add your own custom domains, we strongly recommend you to use third-level domains (example: track.yourcompanyname.com).
Your new custom domain should be an alias to our default one. In order to set up it correctly you should set a CNAME record to your new domain:
Also you should delete all the A-records at the domain settings and leave the CNAME only:
All steps described above you may set up on the DNS-server on your hosting provider side.
Once done, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to complete custom domain setup.
Note: Please, inform us beforehand, if you make changes at Cloudflare.
Custom tracking domain setup
- If you want to add and use your custom tracking domain in addition to our default one (DEFAULT.go2affise.com), first of all make sure you've completed all steps above.
- After that you'll have to add your custom tracking domain to the tracking domains list under Settings > Tracking Domains as it is shown below:
3. If you want to use your custom domain as a default one, kindly tick there:
4. If you mean to have secured connection and have a certificate for the relevant domain name, click ‘Yes’ as it is shown below and proceed with advanced guide on 'Set Up HTTPS-connection':
Once done, contact email@example.com to complete custom tracking domain setup.
HTTPS connection setup
You have an option to turn on/off HTTPS-connection optionally in the Settings:
Affise supports HTTPS connection for all 3rd level default domain names: affiliate network URL, Tracking site URL, Impressions domain and Api URL. The default Affise Admin URL domain supports HTTP connection only.
In order to setup secured connection for your custom domain name note to:
- Receive SSL-certificate (.crt), Private Key (.key), bundle (.crt) for the domain name from the hosting side.
- Ensure the files above march the domain name in request. If you doubt on whether the Private Key and SSL-certificate matche the domain name you'd like to set, kindly contact your hosting provider for details.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org in order to complete certificate implementation for your custom domain name. Please, let support team know:
- your custom domain name vs Affise domain name it is an alias for;
- provide support team with SSL-certificate (.crt), Private Key (.key), bundle (.crt) for the domain name in request.
Kindly note that Affise strongly recommends to use trusted domain hosting services such as Verisign, DigiCert, Comodo, Godaddy, etc. We do not recommend to use Free SSL certificates services such as Let's Encrypt which can issue and result in browser warnings. Please, remember, that untrusted certificates setup may potentially cause traffic losses.
Should you have any further doubts or questions on custom domains setup, feel free to contact our support team via email@example.com operating 24/7 for your convenience.