Time to read: 3 min
The article covers the following topics:
- API General info
- How to find your API-key?
- How to find Affiliate's API-key?
- How to find your API URL?
API General info
In the Affise API, only three data types are used:
- Int - used only for integer values, such as offer ID, affiliate ID, etc.
- String - includes integer values, letters, and characters: country code, cap type, payment type, etc.
- Array - used with multiple values: affiliates in caps, goals in caps, etc.
In the Affise API, only two methods are used: GET, POST.
To start working with API, you may use any of free API-development tools such as Postman, Insomnia, Advanced REST client, etc.
How to find your API-key?
For data exchange authentication, users API-key passed as a parameter in the header should be used. As the key, a hash generated for your site. User can find API key in 'Users' Tab - > 'Users management' -> 'User edit page':
Only the General manager has permission to get the "User edit page".
How to find Affiliate's API-key?
How to find your API URL?
Next thing you need - API URL. You can find it in 'Settings' Tab -> 'Settings' -> 'Tracking domains' -> 'URLs' section:
Keep in mind that your API URL leads to API Doc. Find API v.3.1. Doc here.
Who has permissions to get API-key?
There are three types of users in Affise:
- General manager - a user with admin rights to the panel
- Affiliate manager - a user who is responsible for the work with Affiliates
- Account manager - a user who is responsible for the work with Advertisers
Different types of users have different permissions and modes of access to platform sections.
The User with General manager role has access to all sections and has permission to get API-key of any User and any Affiliate.
Find out more about the Users section here.
You may also find the following articles helpful:
- Setting API Integration with Affiliate
- How To Create an Offer?
- How to create an offer with logo or creatives?
- How to create an offer with Targeting Groups?
If you have more questions on the API Integration, feel free to contact the Affise Support Team via firstname.lastname@example.org or your Dedicated Account Manager.
Written by Anastasia Deryugina