Time to read: 4 min.
This article covers the following topics:
Affise Cap Feature allows you to set specific limits for:
- Budget (your affiliates' payouts for the received conversions).
In this article, you'll find the information you need to know to set caps for the received clicks.
Note that Click Cap Feature is available for Affise Clients of Enterprise and Custom Plans.
Why may I need to set Click Cap?
The reasons to limit the number of clicks may be very different: CPC model of payment, prevention of fraudulent activities and click spamming, CR control, etc.
Furthermore, within multi-geo offers, marketers prefer to distribute and limit traffic to varying degrees according to the user's geo. All these measures help to reach the target audience with a higher degree of precision.
How to set Click Cap?
If you'd like to set Click Cap for one of your offers, you'll need to:
- Go to the Offer's Settings
- Find 'Caps' Tab
- Set Caps Rules with the 'Clicks' Type
Once the Click Cap is being set, the following settings can be applied:
Timeframe: Day, Month:
- day - the daily timeframe is calculated for 24 hours according to your settings’ timezone, and its reset occurs at midnight. It’s also possible to set up the time zone due to the offer’s requirements.
- month - it’s calculated for a calendar month. Even if the cap is set up on 15.11, the calculation will be made from 01.11 till 30.11, and it’ll be reset again on 01.12.
Value: set a specific limit for the amount of the clicks you'd like to get. Note that min clicks amount should not be 'zero'.
Note that the accuracy of the reached value depends on the offer's traffic speed. Also, please take into consideration a 2-min cache when it comes to Click Cap.
Goal: by default, 'All' goals are set automatically by the system. The following setting is applied because the system cannot predict which action will be performed by a user once he/she reaches a landing page. Thus a goal cannot be defined on a click level.
Countries: choose a specific country (-ies) which your cap settings should be applied to. Eg., if you set a cap rule for 1000 clicks and choose two countries USA and Canada, your Affiliate will have an opportunity to send 1000 clicks from the USA and 1000 clicks from Canada.
Affiliate: All, Each, Select
- All - caps settings are applied to All Affiliates. If you have set a cap rule for 1000 clicks, All Affiliates together (not separately) can send 1000 clicks for the offer.
- Each - caps settings are applied to Each Affiliate separately. If you have set a cap rule for 1000 clicks, Each Affiliate can send 1000 clicks for the offer.
- Select - caps settings are applied only for the chosen Affiliates. If you have set a cap rule for 1000 clicks and chosen only Affiliate A and Affiliate B, only Affiliate A and Affiliate B (each of them) can send 1000 clicks for the offer.
Overcap option (enabled or not) does not affect traffic distribution once it comes to Click Cap. All the traffic received over the limit will be sent to the Trafficback URL according to your local & global Trafficback Settings.
The following articles can be helpful:
If you still have any questions left on Click Cap, feel free to address them to Affise Technical Support Team via email@example.com or to refer to your Dedicated Account Manager.
Updated by Tatiana Mankevich