Time to read: 5 min
It does not matter what kind of Integration you've set with your Advertiser. You may come across conversions discrepancy, which can happen within a specific Offer/Offers of the particular Advertiser.
In this case, all you need to do is to follow the steps below to find out whether it's a real discrepancy or not:
1. Check the Timeframe you're correlating the number of conversions with your Advertiser. Make sure it's the same on both ends.
2. Check the Timezone. Make sure it's the same on both ends. If you're working with your Advertiser in different timezones, you can easily check statistics on your end in a specific timezone just switching it in the related filter:
3. Note that Affise can receive Advertiser's postbacks via two methods: GET and POST.
4. Conversions are always generated based on the postbacks/pixels received from the Advertiser. That's why check whether a postback was sent to Affise by your Advertiser: this can be easily checked in Statistics -> Server Postbacks.
Server postbacks slice of the Statistics is a slice where you can check whether your Advertiser has sent you a postback or not. Note that Affise accepts all the postbacks that are sent by your Advertiser; conversions are registered only for those that were fired correctly ( the ones received with response status '1').
If you see postbacks that have been registered in Affise system with response status '2' and a concomitant error message, it means that the integration is broken, conversions for such postbacks are never generated in Affise, and you'll need to update it based on the error message you get:
Read more about the errors you may receive and how they can be fixed here.
5. Make sure that the algorithm of defining the uniqueness of the conversions is the same in Affise and in the tracking platform used by the Advertiser. Here you can read about how the uniqueness of the conversions is defined in Affise.
6. If all the steps above do not raise any concern to you, request a postback log from your Advertiser to correlate the data on both ends. A received postback log should contain date/time/TZ, a postback that should contain Affise clickid value of 24 symbols, Affise server response. Share this postback log with Affise Technical Support Specialist. Based on a received postback log, the Affise Technical Support Specialist will be able to state whether data discrepancy takes place in your case or not.
You may also find the following articles helpful:
- Conversion's statuses
- How Does Affise Define the Click's/Conversion's Uniqueness?
- How to change the conversion's status?
- How To Take the S2S Integration Test With Advertiser?
If you feel like there are some questions left upon Conversions Discrepancy with Advertiser, feel free to contact the Affise Support Team via email@example.com or your internal live-chat.
Updated by Anastasia Deryugina