Time to read: 8 min
The article covers the following topics:
You can adjust your platform settings by navigating to the 'Settings' section. The section is divided into 3 groups:
There are 3 articles that cover the processes of configuring settings:
The 'Settings' tab includes a range of options for configuring the use of your admin panel. Below you will find a description of all these options.
The 'General' tab is used to configure your basic Network settings.
- Site name - your network name;
- Legal address - your address for payout invoices;
- Admin panel default language - default language of your Admin panel;
- Timezone - all data on the panel will be displayed by the timezone you select;
- Country - your country;
- City - your city;
- Zip/postal code - your zip/postal code;
- Tel. - your phone number.
Affise provides you with the opportunity to add your custom tracking domains. You may add several tracking domains for your offers and choose a default domain for each offer separately.
Find out more about How to set custom domain name in Affise here.
If you want to change the default tracking domain for all offers, you should enable the 'Make default' checkbox (blue tick) near the domain.
You also can check the list of custom tracking domains via API:
Next, you will see all URLs that used for your Network:
- Admin URL - admin panel site URL;
- Affiliate network URL - URL of the Affiliate panel;
- API URL - Affise API URL;
- Tracking site URL - Affise Tracking URL;
- Impressions domain - Affise impressions Tracking URL;
HTTPS stands for a secure connection, and it appears in the address bar of your browser. We recommend all our clients who use custom domains, provide us with SSL certificates. Please, note that mobile apps usually are not transparent with users about the security of their web connections, and it can be hard to tell whether an app is connecting via HTTP or HTTPS.
All the accounts have an option to use a new default Admin panel URL with a secure HTTPS connection: https://offers-YourAccountName.affise.com. Kindly notice, both http:// and https:// versions of Admin panel URLs are working now. We support the old sample of the Admin panel URL (offer.YourAccountName.affise.com) till the end of the 2020 year!!!
Find out more about How to check the settings of your Custom Domains and SSL certificates here.
Email setup is crucial for your affiliates to register in the network and activate their accounts.
You have an option to use default Affise domain name: firstname.lastname@example.org, as shown below:
- Mail - your email account which you want to use;
- Protocol - your email provider protocol, here you may choose one of three protocols:
- SMTP - default protocol for email transmission;
- SMTP+SSL - a standard security protocol for establishing encrypted links between a web server and a browser in online communication;
- SMTP+TLS - similar to SMTP+SSL, but with the different type of certificate (TLC);
- SMTP-server - email provider SMTP server type, typically set as ‘smtp.domain.com’ or ‘mail.domain.com’. For instance, a Gmail account will refer to smtp.gmail.com. But that’s not a unified type, so you should pay attention and get the right SMTP parameters. Below you find a list of the SMTP settings of the most common providers:
- SMTP-port - port 587 is supported by almost every outgoing SMTP server, and it’s useful for unencrypted or TLS connections; while port 465 is used to connect via SSL;
- SMTP-login - will be the same as your email account name;
- SMTP-password - will be the same as your email account password.
Affise clients can set their custom email accounts but have to update the fields above based on the hosting side's email account settings.
Find out more about How to set custom Email and resolve related errors here.
If the info above was not useful enough to set up a custom email account, kindly contact your email provider to get more details on the settings setup.
The 'Trafficback' tab allows you to set a Global Trafficback URL:
- Global Trafficback URL - your global Trafficback URL;
- 'Use for disabled offers' checkbox - enable this checkbox to send global Trafficback URL for disabled and paused offers or when the offer is disabled for Affiliates;
- 'Use by other reasons' checkbox - enable this checkbox to send global Trafficback URL for any other reason, for example, when the traffic has an inappropriate user targeting, overcaps, etc.;
- Conversion status for caps count - allows to set up conversions' statuses for caps. It works for all offers by default for all cap periods and types (conversions or budget). If necessary, it can be changed for a particular offer in the Offers section - > Offer edit page - > Caps tab.
Find out more about How to use the Affise Trafficback feature here.
The 'Security' section you can manage special options to ensure the protection of your business:
- IP whitelist - allowed IP for using the admin panel. You can add several IPs by using a comma or add IP range by using a hyphen.
If you decide to use an IP whitelist, note that only allowed IP would be able to use the Admin panel.
- Secure postback code - protection against conversions fraud. If the password is generated, advertiser postbacks without this password will be zero-filled and not counted. Just add «&secure=SECURE_CODE» to your postback. This option is also available on the Advertiser level and Offer level (Offer section -> Offer edit page - Postbacks tab).
- 'Ignore secure code' checkbox - this checkbox allows postbacks with secure code if it is not generated on the platform.
- 'Enable IP and device check for user session' checkbox - security measure improvement: the setting will monitor IP and device for the last user session and requests to Sign in if IP or device changes.
- 'Enable Two-factor authentication for affiliates' checkbox - security measure for affiliates. How it works:
- Affiliate inserts his login and password
- He is redirected to a special page where he needs to insert a code:
- As this code is located on affiliate's mailbox, he needs to go there, copy the code and insert it to the form.
- Upon clicking on "Confirm" button he gets to his accounf in Affise.
The affiliate has only 10 minutes to insert a code received via email into a form, otherwise this code becomes invalid. It is happened, affiliate has to press "Resend" button. "Resend" button appears when 60 seconds have been passed since the moment the affiliate got redirected to the page with this form.
The option works only if you have custom SMTP settings (see "Email Settings" section). If you have default SMTP settings, you can turn this option ON, your affiliate will be redirected to a page wit a code form, but no email will be sent. If you want to customize SMTP settings, check our guide on it.
In the 'Billing' section, you can add your card number for automatic payment.
You may also find the following articles helpful:
- Affise Platform Overview
- Settings. Affiliate Dashboard Design
- Settings. Content
- Affise Trafficback Feature
- How to set custom domain name in Affise
- How to check the settings of your Custom Domains and SSL certificates?
- How to set up your custom email domain?
If you have more questions on the Settings section, feel free to contact the Affise Support Team via email@example.com or your Dedicated Account Manager.
Updated by Anastasia Deryugina