The article covers the following topics:
- An overlook of Users section
- How to create an account for your Managers?
- How to grant specific permissions to your Managers?
Users section includes three sub-sections:
- User Management
On User Management page you can create and edit accounts for managers that work with your Affise Admin panel.
- User Activity log
On User Activity log page you can check the logs for different user’s actions which have been done within your Affise Admin panel.
- User Presets
On User Presets Page you can create,edit and delete presets that are or will be used in user’s account creation process.
On User Management page you can create and edit accounts for managers that work with your Affise Admin panel. Moreover, you can also grant access to your managers only to a specific type of data or prohibit to view some particular sections.
How to create user’s account?
To create user’s account you need:
- Press on ‘Users’ - > ‘User Management’ - > ‘Add’ button
- Now you see a form that needs to be filled in:
Name - a required field: User’s first name
Surname - a required field: User’s last name
Working time - an optional field: User’s working hours
IM/Skype - an optional field: User’s IM/Skype details
User type - a required field: assign one of the available type to the User:
- Administrator - a user with admin rights to the panel
- Affiliate Manager - a user who is responsible for the work with Affiliates
- Account Manager - a user who is responsible for the work with Advertisers
After creating a user, the user type cannot be changed.
Administrator has access to all sections and all stats.
Account manager has access to Dashboard, Statistics, Offers, Advertisers, Smartlinks, Tickets, Billing, News, Export and stats on his/her advertisers.
Affiliate manager has access to Dashboard, Statistics, Offers , Advertisers, Smartlinks, Affiliates, Tickets, Billing, News, Export and stats on his/her affiliates.
Email - User’s email address which will be later used as a login into Affise Admin panel
Password - User’s password which will be later used as a password to login into Affise Admin panel
Once user’s account is created, you can move further to granting specific permissions to a particular user over Statistics and Users section:
Now there is a possibility for you to permit/prohibit access to different Stats slices or different actions which can be done in User's section:
Section permissions can be:
a) prohibited - it means that a user is not allowed to view a specific slice or to perform a particular action.
b) read access - it means that a user is allowed to view a specific slice.
c) write access - it means that a user is allowed to perform a particular action.
If you are creating an account for Account Manager, he/she will see the statistics on their advertisers/offers only. Affiliate Managers will see statistics on their affiliates only.
Sections tab contains a list of permissions from the previous version. The difference between Sections (old permissions) and Permissions (new permissions) is that new permissions are currently more flexible: they allow users to view/edit particular subsections(/items) on the panel or prohibit access to them at all. Sections(old permissions) can allow or prohibit access to the whole section. New permissions will be replacing old ones gradually.
What will an 'old' user see now?
- Existing users that have been created before a New User Management release will have the same rights they have now (except rights on Statistics and Users, they can be flexibly modified based on your needs). To change it the relevant permissions should be checked in Sections. Once they are checked a user has access to checked sections only.
- While creating a new user, the system will give a user default permissions. Once specific sections are checked a user has access to checked sections only.
Once you're ready with users' account creation you can move further to Advertisers/Offers/Affiliates creation. Therefore you may find the following articles helpful:
If you have more questions on User Management sections, feel free to contact Affise Support Team via email@example.com or your Dedicated Account Manager.