Once you're ready with Step 2: New Demand Source setup, you should move to Step 3: New Campaign setup. When you have a campaign for a specific demand source, you're able to manage which offers you'll later get into your Affise system and which settings of yours will be applied to them. For this purpose you should:
1) Click on Campaigns > New Campaign button:
2) You will see the Campaign setup form:
Campaign status - it can be Off or ON which means that campaign's status can be either active or disabled.
a) Once campaign status is ON, it means that your campaign is active and the offers that belong to this very campaign are actively involved in CPAPI synchronization and are getting updated according to the set rules.
b) If a campaign is OFF, it means that your campaign is temporary disabled and the offers that belong to this campaign do not participate in CPAPI synchronization and are not getting updated. Once you've marked the campaign as OFF, the offers of this campaign which were pulled to Affise system previously will have the settings&status they had before the campaign itself was disabled.
Title - Campaign title ( set by your choice).
Default values section overview:
- Advertiser - Advertiser of the offers within the campaign. Notice: First of all, Advertiser should be created in your Affise system (Advertisers - > Add).
Once Advertiser is created in your Affise account, you'll be able to choose the one out of a drop-down menu:
If you do not have a possibility to choose Advertisers out of a drop-down menu, it means that you have not filled in your Tracking Systems or have done it with incorrect data. Get back to Step 1:Tracking Systems setup to complete this step.
- Privacy level - the level of privacy assigned to an offer which is being pulled from CPAPI to Affise: public,pre-moderation, private.
- Payout % - your % of partner's (affiliate's) contribution. It defines an offer's payout (i.e. what is going to be payed to your Affiliate) in your Affise system; Payout sum will be calculated out of Advertiser's payout to you.
- Smartlink Categories - defines smartlink category that an offer will be assigned to in Affise. At first, Smartlink Category should be created in your Affise system (Smartlinks - > Add)
- Offer Status - the status assigned to an offer which is being pulled from CPAPI to Affise and will be set in a forceful way. Leave it 'According to the source' to get advertiser's accurate offer status only;
- Overcap - 'Overcap' option will be checked in offer by default once it is being pulled from CPAPI to Affise via the campaign;
- Enable Geo Restrictions - 'Enable Geo Restrictions' option will take all the countries that are set in offer's general payouts and place them into one general targeting group into the offer in Affise system.
- Redirect Type - the offer redirect type which will be assigned to an offer in Affise and will be set in a forceful way. Leave it blank to get HTTP 302 redirect type by default;
- Search Empty Sub - the indicated sub value will be blocked in Affise if the affiliate's tracking URL has missing sub account parameter - a click will be redirected to the Local Trafficback URL according to the offer's settings.
- Domain - the domain which will be set in affiliate's offer tracking URL (default/custom domain).
Filters fields section overview:
Filters section will help you to manage the offers which should be pulled to your Affise system in the active operating status. The offers which do not match the filters set will be pulled into Affise system but will be paused on its end.
- Countries - Country GEO restrictions to filter all offers approved on a source side based on country targeting;
- OS - OS restrictions to filter all offers approved on a source side based on OS targeting;
- Devices - Devices restrictions to filter all offers approved on a source side based on device type;
- Currencies - Currencies restrictions to filter offers available on a source side based on payout currency;
- Payout Min - Min Payout value which offers from a source will be filtered through and pulled to Affise;
- Payout Max - Max Payout value which offers from a source will be filtered through and pulled to Affise.
Sync rules section overview:
Sync rules are used to manage synchronization frequency for specific offer fields in Affise. The frequency is determined by:
- First Sync - the relevant field will be pulled to Affise offer the first time it appears in the source API response;
- Always - the relevant field will be pulled or updated in Affise offer each time synchronization occurs;
- Disabled - the relevant field will never be pulled or updated in Affise offer each time synchronization occurs.
CPAPI tool delivers only updates/changes done to the offer on Advertiser's side: it means that if you have set a sync rule for 'Tracking URL' field as 'always' and have updated the Offer's Tracking URL on your Affise end,CPAPI will not update it back to the one which is set on Advertiser's side with the following CPAPI sync. The tracking URL will be updated only in the case 'something' is changed on Advertiser's side.
Offers section overview:
Once you have set all the needed filters for your campaign, all that is left to do is choosing the offers those settings will be applied to.
It can be done in two possible ways:
a) by choosing only specific offers using 'Add' button:
In this case the source should not be checked,only specific offers chosen.
b) or you can pull all the offers that are available for you by your Advertiser. In this case you need to choose only a specific source out of the list:
3) When done, make sure the campaign status is ON (Active) and press 'Save' to start synchronization proccess.
Should you need any further assistance on CPAPI campaign setup, please, contact Support Team via email@example.com or your Dedicated Account Manager.