Time to read: 3 min.
Once you've done Step 1: Tracking Systems set up, you should move to another Step 2: New Demand source set up to connect your CPAPI account and your Advertiser's system to get the offers available for you.
1) Click on the Demand source section:
2) Click on the 'New Demand source’ button - you will see a list of all available for integration sources:
available sources - sources, which are available and free for integration.
request sources - sources, which are available for integration, but integration can be done for an additional fee. Once you need to set integration with such a source, you should send a related request on firstname.lastname@example.org or directly contact your dedicated Account Manager.
sources that are not on the list - sources for which an integration process is not set yet, but can be done for an additional fee. Once you need to set integration with such a source, you should send a related request on email@example.com or directly contact your dedicated Account Manager.
3) When you have checked the needed source, you should proceed with its settings. Each source has its fields to be filled in based on the integration set between Affise and the other tracking system. All the information you need to place in the requested fields while setting up the source should be provided directly by your Advertiser.
Below you'll find an example of setting up demand source for Advertiser 'Best Advertiser' that uses 'HasOffers' tracking source:
You can find more examples of integration with different sources by navigation to the related section here.
All the sources, as a rule, have two similar fields:
- Title - Source network title (set based on your choice);
- Tracking Url Params - are Affise <> Demand source parameters, that will be auto recognized and pulled to Affise offers tracking URLs based on the settings set up there. This Tracking URL is supposed to be filled with all parameters and macros. The list of parameters is to be found on the Advertiser side. The list of macros you can find by pointing to ‘Show macros’. The list is also available here. If you want to add some other parameters, mind, that only advertiser can provide them to you. This is where the Tracking URL will be placed in Affise:
- Impression URL Params - it is possible to pull Impression Destination link to the offer. This link allows passing information about impressions to the Advertiser. This Impression Destination URL is supposed to be filled with all parameters and macros like in case with the Tracking URL. The list of parameters is to be found on the Advertiser side. The list of macros you can find by pointing to ‘Show macros’. The list is also available here. If you want to add some other parameters, mind, that only advertiser can provide them to you. This is where the Tracking URL will be placed in Affise:
4) When you have filled in all the requested fields, press on 'Save' and complete the Demand Source setup.
If your settings are correct and CPAPI can make an API call to the Source based on the provided data into the fields, you'll see that the source is ready:
If something was filled in with incorrect/non-actual data, CPAPI would try to make an API call to the source with the data set. Since the data placed is incorrect, CPAPI will not get a response from the source and returned a specific error message. On your side you'll see invalid credentials message under the source's status column:
Press directly on this message to find out what can be the reason for it and what should be updated on your end. The reasons can be different, one of the most popular reason is the wrong API key:
If you can't understand the sense of the error, please contact your Advertiser directly, as his Tracking system provides the text of the error.
If your Advertiser informs you about changes in his API structure and basic API URL, please contact Affise Support Team via firstname.lastname@example.org and provide all the details you’ve got. Don’t forget to mention the very Demand source!
Once your Demand Source set is completed, you can move to Step 3: Campaign Set up.
Should you need any further assistance Demand source setup, please, contact Support Team via email@example.com or your Dedicated Account Manager.
Updated by Lizaveta Talkachova