Time to read: 5 min
The article covers the following topics:
- What is a Billing for Advertisers?
- Which permissions should be granted to let the user create an invoice?
- How to create new Billing for the Advertiser?
- Control panel
What is a Billing for Advertisers?
Billing for Advertisers is used to summarize the total revenue from your advertisers. At the end of the accounting period (the period of time for which conversions appeared in the system), you can easily generate invoices for selected advertisers.
To generate the invoice for your advertiser, go to 'Billing' section - > 'Advertisers':
Which permissions should be granted to let the user generate a billing?
All permissions are granted here: Admin panel -> Users -> User management. Check our guide on User management.
Billing is a section, so if some user would like to have access to Billing section, the following settings should be set up:
How to create new Billing for the Advertiser?
To create new Billing for the Advertiser, click on the 'Create invoice' button:
Here you may see the 'Create invoice' form:
- Advertiser - Select the advertiser for which you want to create an invoice from the list of advertisers you have in your panel.
- Period - Specify the needed period for the invoice. Select the Start date and End day for the invoice.
The start date will be automatically defined according to the date of the last invoice or first day of Statistics.
- Status - Select the invoice status. It can be:
- Unpaid - After you click on the 'Save' button, you will be able to remove or edit the bill.
- Paid - Once you click on the 'Save' button, the bill can't be changed or removed.
- Currency - Select the invoice currency. Your default network currency will be selected automatically. If you have multiple currencies enabled in your network, you will also be able to select one from the dropdown list.
Find out more about How to setup currencies for your network here.
- Note - Add some note if it's needed.
Next, you’ll see the 'Details' form, which also needs to be filled in:
- Offer - Offer ID/Title.
- Payout Type - Specify the payout type for the conversions made:
- RPA - revenue per action
- RPS - revenue per sale
- RPA + RPS - revenue per action + revenue per sale
- RPC - revenue per click
- RPM - revenue per impression
- Actions - Enter here the number of conversions.
- Amount - Enter here the sum amount of conversions.
- Note - Add some note if it's needed.
Click on the 'Save' button to save a new invoice.
On the Billing for Advertiser page, you can make some actions with the invoices: Billing Edit, Billing Removal, Billing Export.
There are eight columns. Some of them are:
- Number: the ID of the billing, which you can find in the User activity log.
- Amount: the sum of money.
- Created at: the date of invoice creation.
- Start date: the date of the last invoice or the first day of Statistics
- End date: the date you've set up when creating the invoice.
If you want to make changes to an invoice that already exists, open up an invoice, and you have the option to change all the fields.
Only Unpaid invoices can be edited.
If you want to delete the invoice, you can click on the dedicated button. Once this happens, you can generate future invoices that use Statistics from this time period.
If you want to export the invoice, click on the dedicated button and click on the 'PDF' button to proceed with the export:
1) How can I see logs related to the Billing for Advertisers?
In the User activity log, you can find information about actions done with invoices. Go to Users -> User activity log.
Here are all available types of requests for logs related to the Billing for Advertisers.
In the 'Object ID' field, you may type the invoice ID.
2) Does the advertiser see his invoice in his Affise account, if there is any?
The advertiser can't see his invoice in his Affise account.
3) How can I manage Billings for Advertiser via API?
All available methods allow dealing with Billings for Advertiser:
You may get the list of all invoices, get any certain invoice, add and edit the invoice.
You may also find the following articles helpful:
- How to create a new Advertiser?
- Affise Parameters & Macros For S2S Integration With Advertiser.
- How to take the S2S Integration Test with Advertiser?
If you have more questions on Billing for Advertiser, feel free to contact Affise Support Team via email@example.com or your Dedicated Account Manager.
Updated by Anastasia Deryugina