Time to read: 10 min
The article covers the following topics:
- Affiliate postback on the affiliate edit page
- Affiliate postback in the offer settings
- In what case is Affiliate postback sent?
- How to manage Affiliate postbacks on Affiliate panel?
- Where can I find IPs Affiliate's Postbacks are sent from?
- How to check if Affiliate postback has been sent?
There're two types of affiliate's postbacks in Affise: global and local postback, where:
- Global postback URL will be sent for a conversion across all offers a partner is enabled for.
- Local postback URL will be sent for a conversion per specific offer a partner is enabled for.
Affiliate postback on the affiliate edit page
You should go to "Affiliate management" and click on the "Edit" button near the affiliate:
Scroll down the page to the section "Affiliate postbacks" and press on "+" button to set up either a local or global postback:
Offer: start typing the offer ID/name if you want to set up the local postback for a certain offer.
Integration method: select the type of integration you want to set up the postback for. Available values are:
- All: for conversions came within all types of integration.
- Default: for conversions came within ordinary s2s or c2s integration.
- SKAD: for conversions came directly from SKAdNetwork. Learn more about Affise<->SKAdNetwork integration.
- Probabilistic Attribution: for conversions came within Probabilistic Attribution integration (integration without click ID).
URL: insert the URL for the postback with the HTTP/HTTPS protocol.
Status: select the statuses of conversions, which the postback will be sent for. Available values are:
- any - Postback will be sent for all the created conversions + it will be sent after any status changes;
- by creating - Postback will be sent for all the statuses of just created conversions;
- approved - Postback will be sent for approved conversions only;
- pending - Postback will be sent for pending conversions only;
- declined - Postback will be sent for declined conversions only;
- hold - Postback will be sent for hold conversions only.
Title: select the goal type. Available only for the local postback.
Value: the goal value appears automatically once choosing the goal title. Available only for the local postback.
Goal value and goal title
The goal value correlates the chosen goal title in the corresponding offer's payout settings:
If no goal titles are chosen in the offer, the value under the 'Title' dropdown menu on the Affiliate edit page will be equal to the goal value in the offer.
If there are several payout settings in the offer with different goal values and with the same goal titles, the choice for the goal title correlates to the corresponding goal value:
If there are general payouts and a personal payout for the affiliate you're setting the postback for, and both payouts contain the same goal value with different goal titles, only the goal value from the personal payout will be available to choose:
Affiliate postback in the offer settings
It is also possible to set up a postback in the very offer. This postback is automatically considered to be local. In order to add a postback in the offer go to a certain offer -> 'Postbacks' tab - Affiliate postbacks:
If the affiliate is disabled for the offer, you won't be able to choose him there.
If you add a postback in such a way, it will be depicted also on the Affiliate edit page, so you can manage this particular postback there as well.
In what case is Affiliate postback sent?
Affiliate's global postback sending is managed by the conversion statuses (approved, pending, declined, hold) and the type of integration (all, default, SKAD, Probabilistic Attribution).
Affiliate's local postback sending is managed not only by conversion status and the integration type, but also by goal value as well - all offer goal values or specific ones.
Affiliate's postbacks are triggered to be sent in case a local or global postback matches conversion settings.
You can select the priority of your global postback by ticking this flag (the Consider global postback option):
The global postback is used, if there is no local postback or if the conversion doesn't meet the postback settings (status, goal value and the integration type). If there is a local postback, and all settings are met - then the local one is used.
Mind, please, if the Consider global postbacks option is turned on in the General settings section for Affiliate dashboard design, the corresponding option in the Affiliate's profile will be turned on automatically:
How to manage Affiliate postbacks on Affiliate panel?
If you would like to control affiliate's activities regarding postbacks on his Affiliate panel, you may use several options, that are located in Settings -> Affiliate dashboard design - General. There you will find the following options:
Forbid the affiliates from changing the postback status means if the flag is ON, the affiliate won't be able to change the status of conversions that the postback will be sent for.
Forbid the affiliates from changing and uploading global & local postbacks means if the flag is ON, the affiliate won't be able to add or to change the existent postbacks regardless they are global or local. He is able only to delete them.
Where can I find IPs Affiliate's Postbacks are sent from?
The list of IPs Affiliates' Postbacks are sent from can be easily found:
- on Affiliate's Edit Page:
- In the Affiliate panel - > Profile - > Postback Information:
How to check if Affiliate postback has been sent?
The info on sent Affiliate postbacks is contained in the Statistics section "Affiliate postbacks":
To check if the postback sent to Affiliate has been accepted by Affiliate's side is possible by HTTP code response, usually, the value "200" means it was accepted successfully by Affiliate's side.
The info on Affiliate's pixels isn't depicted in this section, only the S2S postbacks.
You may also find helpful the following articles:
- Where can I find a test Tracking URL?
- Affiliate's postbacks sending logic
- Affise parameters & macros for the S2S Integration with Affiliate
- Settings. Affiliate dashboard design.
If you feel like there are some questions left upon setting up your Affiliate's Postback, feel free to address them to Affise Support Team via email@example.com or your internal live-chat as long as to contact your dedicated Account Manager.
Updated by Anastasia Deryugina