Time to read: 10 min
The article covers the following topics:
- How to set up an Affiliate postback?
- In what case is Affiliate postback sent?
- How to manage Affiliate postbacks on Affiliate panel?
- Where can I find IPs Affiliate's Postbacks are sent from?
- How to check if Affiliate postback has been sent?
There're two types of affiliate's postbacks in Affise: global and local postback, where:
- Global postback URL will be sent for a conversion across all offers a partner is enabled for.
- Local postback URL will be sent for a conversion per specific offer a partner is enabled for.
How to set up an Affiliate postback?
You should go to "Affiliate management" and click on the "Edit" button near the affiliate:
Scroll down the page to the section "Affiliate postbacks" and press on "+" button to set up either a local or global postback:
Here you can see the demo on how to set up postbacks:
The field "Status" for global and local postback will determine the trigger condition on their sending, where:
- any - Postback will be sent for all the created conversions + it will be sent after any status changes;
- by creating - Postback will be sent for all the statuses of just created conversions;
- approved - Postback will be sent for approved conversions only;
- pending - Postback will be sent for pending conversions only;
- declined - Postback will be sent for declined conversions only;
- hold - Postback will be sent for hold conversions only.
For local postbacks you can also select different goals if needed: the choice is made from the Goal Title dropdown menu, and on the right you'll see the column Value, which correlates the chosen Goal Title with the Goal Value from the corresponding offer's payout settings:
If no Goal Titles are chosen in the offer, the value under the 'Title' dropdown menu on the Affiliate edit page will be equal to the Goal Value from the offer.
If there're several payout settings in the offer with different Goal Values and with the same Goal Titles, the choice for the Goal Title for the local affiliate postback, will correlate to the corresponding Goal Value:
If there are general payouts and a personal payout for the affiliate you're setting the postback for, and both payouts contain the same Goal Value with different Goal Titles, only the Goal Value from the personal payout will be available to choose:
In what case is Affiliate postback sent?
Affiliate's global postback sending is managed by one of the conversion statuses (approved, pending, declined, not found, hold, pending cap) or by all of them.
Affiliate's local postback sending is managed not only by conversion status but by goal value as well - all offer goal values or specific ones.
In other words, affiliate's postbacks are triggered to be sent in case a local or global postback matches conversion settings. The scheme of affiliate's postbacks sending in detail described here.
Also, you can select the priority of your global postback. If you select this option:
You'll get the global one even if you've put some local to particular offers. If not - local postbacks will have more priority.
Mind, please, if the option "Consider global postbacks" is turned on in the General settings section for Affiliate dashboard design, the corresponding option in the Affiliate's profile will be turned on automatically:
How to manage Affiliate postbacks on Affiliate panel?
If you would like to control affiliate's activities regarding postbacks on his Affiliate panel, you may use several options, that are located in Settings -> Affiliate dashboard design - General. There you will find the following options:
Forbid the affiliates from changing the postback status means if the flag is ON, the affiliate won't be able to change the status of conversions that the postback will be sent for.
Forbid the affiliates from changing and uploading global & local postbacks means if the flag is ON, the affiliate won't be able to add or to change the existent postbacks regardless they are global or local. He is able only to delete them.
Where can I find IPs Affiliate's Postbacks are sent from?
The list of IPs Affiliates' Postbacks are sent from can be easily found:
- on Affiliate's Edit Page:
- In the Affiliate panel - > Profile - > Postback Information:
How to check if Affiliate postback has been sent?
The info on sent Affiliate postbacks is contained in the Statistics section "Affiliate postbacks":
To check if the postback sent to Affiliate has been accepted by Affiliate's side is possible by HTTP code response, usually, the value "200" means it was accepted successfully by Affiliate's side.
The info on Affiliate's pixels isn't depicted in this section, only the S2S postbacks.
You may also find helpful the following articles:
- Where can I find a test Tracking URL?
- Affiliate's postbacks sending logic
- Affise parameters & macros for the S2S Integration with Affiliate
- Settings. Affiliate dashboard design.
If you feel like there are some questions left upon setting up your Affiliate's Postback, feel free to address them to Affise Support Team via email@example.com or your internal live-chat as long as to contact your dedicated Account Manager.
Updated by Anastasia Deryugina