Time to read: 6 min
The article covers the following topics:
What is Deeplink?
Deeplink is a specific link that allows redirecting users to a particular piece of web content on a website or to specific content inside a mobile app. Deeplinks help to improve the quality of customer service: by clicking on the ad in the app, the user immediately goes to a page with relevant information. Without deeplinks, users will have to search for the needed content manually.
The method of deep linking is an important element of any marketing campaign for mobile devices. It allows us to simplify the path to the content for a new audience, and improves the user experience for existing users.
It is essential to check with the Advertiser which part of the link is responsible for the desired redirect; otherwise, the Tracking link will be wrong and will redirect to the 404 page.
If you want to receive some additional information from the Affiliate, you may add to the Affiliate Tracking link any of free &sub1-&sub8 and &ref_id parameters.
1. Can I check in the Statistics section that traffic came via the deeplink?
No. Affise does not collect data on Deeplinks.
2. Will the link work if the Affise Tracking link is set with HTTPS connection, but the link to which the deeplink redirects to is set with HTTP connection? And vice versa.
Yes, it will work in such a case. The Deeplink is a special part of the link. SSL certificate isn't involved here.
3. Can the Deeplink work on the subdomain? For example: the main domain is www.rocketcompany.com, I want to set up the deeplink on www.offers.rocketcompany.com.
No. The Deeplink may work with only one domain.
4. How will the Deeplink work if the offer has global/personal targeting restrictions?
The Deeplink doesn't participate in the targeting. The system will work as usual: it will check all the restrictions in the offer's targeting settings and the desired traffic will be redirected to the Deeplink, not to the default tracking link.
5. How to deal with Deeplinks via API?
To allow Deeplinks in the offer via API, use this method:
You may also find the following articles helpful:
- Affise Parameters & Macros for the S2S Integration with Advertiser
- Affise Parameters & Macros for the S2S Integration with Affiliate
- Goal Tracking
- Pixel Integration
If you have more questions on the Deeplinking, feel free to contact the Affise Support Team via firstname.lastname@example.org or your Dedicated Account Manager.
Written by Anastasia Deryugina